“The temptation to form premature theories upon insufficient data is the bane of our profession.” ~Sherlock Holmes
If you really want to succeed in this high tech world, you must know how to use Big Data to get the results you want.
The world is moving fast and if you don’t have time to retrospect on the data which is already there, you will be outwitted by your competitors.
To grow, you must know how to use Big Data and how you can make well-informed decisions based on that data.
If you’re still not using Big Data, here are five genuine reasons you should be using data starting from today:
- Data will power-up your performance If you want to improve something, all you have to do is to improve it. And to improve something you need to measure it. Big Data can help you & your team to measure the performance of your team which is the first step towards improving yourself. Gone are the times when you used to offer training and spend thousands of dollars to help your resource grow. Training is just a one-time investment. If you want continual improvement of your employees you need to use the power of Big Data to analyze the data, the behavior of your people and based upon that data you can provide them opportunities to learn, to grow, and to become the better version of themselves.
- Data will help you to make well-informed decisions“If you don’t take risks, you’ll have a wasted soul.” ~Drew Barrymore If you look at the most successful people, you’ll find one common factor that made them successful. They were risk takers. But more than risk takers they have established an instinct which helped them to make well-informed decisions. How can you do it?
Use Big Data to take decisions which will shape your future life.
Decisions that are backed by data avoids any uncertain conditions.
With so much data all around the internet, all the businesses have equal opportunity to grow. But the only business who succeed are the ones that have the ability to take data, analyze it, and act upon it.
Collecting the data is the easy part, the hard part is, what to do with the data. And with the experience, we learn that fear is just absence of knowledge. The more knowledgeable we are, better we will get in taking the right decisions.
- Smart hiring with Big Data One of the most important pillars of management is staffing. Hiring people is a crucial task which requires taking high-end risks. But thanks to Big Data, now companies can hire people just by going through all the data that is available online. Regardless of whatever industry you belong, if you want to attract the right talent in your company, you need to focus solely on the amount of data which is available on social media. There is one hot debate regarding “Facebook is the new LinkedIn” which is actually true.
The data-driven companies are now using Facebook to gather the skills, and talent of the people who they want to hire. There is a high level of engagement in the social media which helps managers to choose between the most talented and the right fit for their company.
Big Data is not just helping managers to get their hands on the right-fit, they are using data to retain their employees as well.
- The right competitive advantage It doesn’t even matter if you’re using Big Data or not, because your competitors are surely using it to gain the competitive advantage over you.Analytics and data is undoubtedly the essential part of the modern economy. The tech tools and the data tools that are available on the internet can help brands analyze the buying behavior of their customers and based on that companies can make better decisions. Also, with so much of data, companies are able to analyze the competitive advantage they can have over their competition.
- Data drives high-end returns Whether you’re a mobile app development company, a custom website design company, or even an eCommerce website that is about to launch in the market. Everything will boil down to one thing: to generate salesIf at the end of the day, you’re not able to generate sales, it will be difficult to create a sustainable business. Big Data enabled brands to boost their sales. Heatmaps can be used to analyze the behavior of the customers. Why are they buying what they are buying? And what is preventing from buying what they need?
Companies can take this data and analyze it to understand the buying pattern of the users and based upon that, make the necessary changes in their websites and mobile apps.
When the users get what they are looking for, they will not only share the experience with friends, they will also become your raving fan.
To wrap things up
The world will not remember you by the things you did, but by what you made them feel. In the same manner, your brand will be remembered by the choices you make in order to win the heart of your customers.
There is so much of data all around us, but the companies who learn how to use that data for their benefit will outsmart their competitors in no-time.
If you’re still not using Big Data, it is time to get out there and start using it to gain unimaginable benefits for your brand.